Thirty years of marriage is a big accomplishment for couples reaching such a milestone anniversary. This kind of event is usually celebrated with the whole family and friends, so the couple's children are implicitly important part of the celebration. It is nice and good to show our respect, appreciation, love and affection for our parents who have built a strong, healthy relationship and a beautiful, strong family in so many years. Parents are plased to have their children there for them in bad and good moments, so a thirtieth wedding anniversary is the perfect occasion for children to be happy for their mom and dad and to reassure them of their love and respect.
The thirtieth wedding anniversary is traditionally associated to pearls – symbols of beauty, elegance and durability. The following suggestions can be taken into account when making your choice about your gifts for parents' thirtieth anniversary:
- pearl jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pendants, brooches, and watches for her, and cufflinks for him)
- mother of pearl decorative objects (bowls, trays, etc)
- books about a pearl's history (how it is created, in how much time, what is its use, etc.)
As far as the contemporary gift is concerned, the one associated to the thirtieth wedding anniversary is diamond jewelry. So, there is a wide variety of great diamond gifts for parents' 30th anniversary, most of them consisting of jewels (pearl or diamond).
On the other hand, if you do not want your gift to be related to the anniversary theme, there are always other great options of presents for this event, such as:
- purchasing two tickets for your parents, to send them away on a 30th anniversary honeymoon. They could surely use some time together, by themselves, especially if they didn't have the chance to travel a lot in the past years. Another alternative to sending them by themselves, is taking the whole family (their children and grandchildren) away, to celebrate the great event.
- gifting them with something you know they need in the house (appliances, pieces of furniture, etc).
Or, visit this website to get more informed on gifts for this occasion.